MEMO: Pandemic Measures Update
MEMO: Pandemic Measures Update
To: All Staff
From: Thelma Morris, Executive Director
Below is an update on our current pandemic measures as well as plans for into the fall.
– With information from the Ministry of Labour, effective immediately we are eliminating the requirement for staff to wear face shields or goggles. All other PPE and other measures remain in place.
– Managers are allowed to assign staff in small numbers for in-office work. Managers will be responsible to ensure those assigned for in-office work in open work areas are kept to a minimum or that assigned staff have their own office. In-office work should be kept to a minimum.
– Managers and Directors are now working in-office (since Sept 27) and in the coming weeks we will move to have supervisors start to move back to in-office work as well.
– We are also developing policies and procedures to require all staff to be fully vaccinated especially if they have in-person contact with clients and/or need to travel into our First Nation communities. This is becoming a requirement for many employers in Ontario to protect the public who they come into contact with but also to make the workplace safer for all staff. Information on this will be distributed by the end of this week.
Tikinagan will be keeping all other pandemic measures in place until at least the end of October 2021 including:
– When not scheduled for in-office work, staff will work remotely and must be available during work hours.
– Staff are reminded to follow the measures in our Return to Workplace protocol for any in-office work, including completing the Daily Health Screening before entering our offices (do not go to the office if you answer Yes to any of the screening questions), not coming to the office if you or someone in your household is ill, using hand-sanitizer upon entry and exit, wearing a mask and washing your hands frequently.
– Also please note that our enhanced measures requires staff attending Tikinagan offices or attending to work-related duties to use 3 or 4 ply disposable masks not reusable cloth ones and that you wear a disposable mask whenever you leave your desk or office. Furthermore, if you share an office or work in an open space with others, you must wear a disposable mask at all times.
– If staff or someone living or staying with them travel outside of Canada we require that staff NOT attend Tikinagan offices, drive Tikinagan vehicles or have in-person contact with staff or
clients for 14 days after their return or the arrival of anyone staying with them who travelled outside of Canada.
– Staff are reminded to consult and follow the Service Contingency Plan to deliver services. In-person contact with clients should only occur when necessary.
– Premium Pay continues to be in place.
– And a reminder that if staff are tested for COVID-19, they are required to promptly notify their supervisor, PPE Chair Arlene McClendon, PPE Member Amanda Friesen & HR Manager Sarah Morin.
– Tikinagan staff are also required to follow any local pandemic measures put in place.
Please continue to take care and follow all local, regional, provincial and federal public health safety measures. Stay safe and stay healthy!